Pipeline transportation of fluids requires specific pipeline engineering experience and knowledge to meet safety, quality, and efficiency goals.
Our team of qualified stress engineers has extensive understanding of CSA Z662 requirements and specifications for both buried and above ground piping in conjunction with the following fluids: high pressure steam, produced gas, produced emulsion, diluent, hot bitumen, sour gas, sweet gas, CO2, and other liquids.
Pi Engineering utilizes a combination of software, expertise, and experience to complete pipeline analysis and offers specialized expertise in:
- Pipeline route stress analysis or bend studies
- Analyze a pipeline route to determine optimal bend radius and technology, eg. Field cold bends versus shop bends or roping.
- Pipeline riser design
- Buried offsets with or without Ethafoam boxes to absorb pipeline expansion
- Risers with Ethafoam boxes and above ground piping flexibility
- Anchor blocks
- Vehicle Crossings
- API 1102 Compliance
- Custom engineered crossings for non-conventional vehicle traffic
- Buckling, Overburden, Buried Support Local Stress
- In addition to typical common practice we by routine include checks for buried support stresses, global buckling, vehicle crossings, bending thinning, hydrotesting, etc.
We have incorporated over 16 years of experience into our pipeline stress analysis systems.
We check over 100 items in every pipeline stress analysis we do.