Junior Stress Engineer Tech
Job Title: Junior Stress Engineer Tech
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Pi Engineering is a growing piping, pipeline and FEA engineering consulting firm. Pi offers engineers an opportunity to work for a variety of clients in a virtual environment with opportunity for growth.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology, preferably in Design and Analysis
- Calgary, Alberta Resident, or willing to relocate at applicants cost
- 0-5 years experience relative to piping stress analysis
- Organized and able to work without direction
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Be willing to work on site (at facilities, plants or other fields relative to the industry) for intervals as required
- CAD / Analysis experience (preferably in Solidworks)
- Pulsation studies
- Exposure to of piping codes including, ASME B31.3 and CSA Z662
- Caesar II (static and dynamic analysis)
- Transient fluid studies – slugging, pump trip, valve closing, relief, etc.
- Experience and understanding of design by analysis methodology
- Programming experience with MATLAB and/or python
- Understanding and experience with codes such as, but not limited to; ASME Section VIII, Division 1 & 2, ASME FFS/API579, API650
- Experience with additional software for the purpose of design or analysis such as, but not limited to; AutoPIPE, AFT Impulse, FEPipe, Abaqus, Solidworks, BOSfluids
- Experience with steady-state and transient analysis of compressible and/or in-compressible fluids with ANSYS, COMSOL, Abaqus, OpenFOAM, or other CFD software.
- Any experience working on site (at facilities, plants or other fields relative to the industry)
Why Pi Engineering?
- Flexible office environment
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Training opportunities
Pi Engineering boasts a client portfolio of over 300 businesses, including small service companies, EPCMs, and Oil & Gas operators and owners. Our service offering includes: piping stress analysis, piping engineering, plant and facility piping, equipment piping design and stress analysis, dynamic analysis, finite element analysis (FEA), trouble-shooting, field services and training.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter with compensation expectations.
No Phone Calls Please