Senior Engineer specializing in Computational Fluid Dynamics
Job Title: Senior Engineer specializing in Computational Fluid Dynamics
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Description: Pi Engineering is a growing piping and pipeline engineering consulting firm.
Pi offers engineers an opportunity to work for a variety of clients in an virtual environment with opportunity for growth.
We want to hear from you if you have experience with any of the following:
- Transient fluid dynamics (AFT Impulse)
- Pump trip (start/stop), valve closing/opening, pressure relief, etc.
- Slugging analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Multi-phase, high velocity, flow induced vibration
- Gas dynamics, relief valve transients
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- Calgary, Alberta Resident, or willing to relocate at applicants cost
- APEGA P. Eng
- 5-10 years experience
- Ablity to train, develop, and lead a group of engineers
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- AFT Impulse
- Experience with steady-state and transient analysis of compressible and/or in-compressible fluids with ANSYS, COMSOL, Abaqus or other CFD software.
- Strong understanding of theory and its application to fluid dynamic problems
- Organized and able to work without direction
- Demonstrated history of delivering high-quality error-free work to clients
Why Pi Engineering?
- Flexible office environment
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Training opportunities
- Get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company – opportunities for profit sharing and ownership
Pi Engineering boasts a client portfolio of over 70 businesses, including small service companies, EPCMs, and Oil & Gas operators and owners. We maintain a maximum ratio of supervisor to EIT ratio of 5 to ensure a healthy learning environment and a high level of workmanship.
Our service offering includes: piping stress analysis, piping engineering, plant and facility piping, equipment piping design and stress analysis, dynamic analysis, finite element analysis (FEA), trouble-shooting, and training.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter with compensation expectations.
No Phone Calls Please